Wednesday 13 March 2013

From My Kitchen

At this time of year with all the fresh produce about you never know what is going to come out of my kitchen. This year I have found new recipes to try and have been having lots of fun in the process.

I volunteer each week in a local garden and last week I was given quite a bit of fruit.


These are crab apples and I read that they make good jelly or jam. I remember my mother used to make apply jelly which we loved to eat but I thought it was time consuming. I soon found that it did not take long to make; just needed a good piece of muslin to help with the sieving process.


I have given the first jar away as you can see it is the better of the 3. The others managed to get some 'scum' in with them. It is still ok to eat, just does not look as presentable.


These are dark plums. I used some of them to make a Plum & Apple Crumble....


...and also some Plum Sauce.


And these are Greengage Plums. We are just eating these fresh from the bowl!

...Dot




No comments:

Post a Comment