Monday 2 June 2014

Doing

What have I been doing?

Welcome to Winter in Australia!!!. You wouldn't believe it, but today the sun is shining and I have clothes on the line. Happy about that!!!

My craft cupboard is looking much better. I have to admit I have not finished the cupboard, as such, but have been taken up with completing some of those unfinished objects. 


I purchased some wool when on holiday last year (or maybe it was the year before) to make a scarf and I finished that this week. 


This is the wool I used. For my scarf I picked up every second stitch. So I had 5 stitches on my cute 'happy' needles and it was a slow but fast process. If you happen to drop a stitch you pretty much have to start all over. So slow and steady I had it done in a few hours. It has not been worn yet. 


The soap I made 6 weeks ago was ready to put away. Good timing, as we were on our last bar. I have put aside a few neat pieces for gifts. More about that next time.


This week I also had some time at my sewing table. My kitchen hand towels need replacing so I am in the middle of making up 3 more. As you can see with the first one, I crocheted a top for it. It did not turn out the best as there were some holes but I covered them with crocheted flowers. The towel was completed with some pretty bias binding. 

There is a lot on this week and to finished it off we have a long weekend...Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment