Monday 28 July 2014

Cool

Quite a few cool things have been happening around here. Yes the weather is cool, but we have had a mild winter and happy about that. 



Early one morning we heard a whipper snipper fire up close to the front of our home. As you can tell by this shot, the sun is not quite out....and then there were two. They had it finished in no time and it looks great. 


Cashew & Chia Seed Pudding

I wanted to try a simple but nice breakfast idea that could be made the night before and ready to eat in the morning with little left to do. This one was enjoyed by everyone. All I had to do was process 1 cup raw cashews, 2 cups of water, pinch salt, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste until smooth and stir in 2 Tb maple syrup and 1/2 cup chia seeds (black or white or a mix). I then divided the mixture into 4 cups and placed them in the fridge overnight. 

All that needed to do in the morning was to add some sliced banana, cinnamon and maple syrup. It's on the menu again this week.



I made a Paleo loaf using ground almonds and arrowroot as the base. Next time I will cook it in a smaller tin so the slices are wider. We served the warm bread with Fish Soup. (I know, not everyone's favourite, but they ate it)



Saturday was a perfect day so hubby and I got out in the garden. The vegi patch was the main area we worked in. He made up some new vegetable beds from some timber we had lying around. 



We had lunch out in the back yard.



D2 likes to try new and different things. She made up a black rice dish for lunch yesterday. It was very nice. That's sweet potato on the top. 



For lunch today I wanted savouries but I did not have any eggs left. Yes, I got in and made egg curry through the week and D2 did some extra cooking as well. The next best thing was to use my egg replacer. I left 1 Tb chia seeds in 3 Tb water while I went and did something else and came back and made up my savouries.



And they melt in your mouth, I tried one. That's the last of that Paleo bread.

Hubby will be here soon to enjoy the remainder of them with me, must go....Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment