Monday 16 February 2015

I love to ....

...CROCHET

I really do. I commenced some knitting recently and unraveled it a couple of times, tried again and on the third go gave up and crocheted the same item up. Over the last couple of weeks I have done this twice. Crocheting is very forgiving and so easy to do. I do like to only knit some items as they look much better but give me a crochet hook any day and I am off with ease and limited stress.


I had always wanted to have a go at crocheting some flowers. You can find heaps of different patterns online. I decided to revamp an old sunhat and was pleased with the result.


Today I completed this baby bib pattern I have been wanting to try. I like it. I am now about to crochet another with teal edging. A friend is having a baby soon.



I made this card holder for myself this week. Usually cards go in my bag in a snap lock bag but after a while they deteriorate so I decided to crochet one up with some scraps of cotton yarn I found. 

The cards are stowed away in alphabetical order so they are easy to find when shopping. 
I have decluttered my card collection but I still have 24.

The yarn I used was Lily Sugar'n Cream with a 5mm hook. I cast on 20 chain. DC in 2nd chain from hook and every stitch along to the end (19 sts). Keep pattern the same until work measures 20cm long. Last row needs to be an indent row, so each end DC2tog. Fold to your liking and sc around the complete item. Sew on a 1.5cm press stud and a button to match on the front.  Its working well.

D2 has offered to cook me dinner tonight, so free to so some crocheting....Dot



No comments:

Post a Comment