Tuesday 16 February 2016

What's Cooking

Hello!!!
The weather has turned cooler and so out came the jumper and this week I made a batch of pumpkin soup which was welcomed to warm up the insides.


I pulled out my large pot and filled it with the ripened fruit from our back yard. In there is rhubarb, nectarines and apple. I added some honey to stew them as they were a bit tart.


But when topped with a sweet crumble topping, baked and served with fresh cream it was yum. There is one crumble in the freezer for a later date.

I had some ruby grapefruit to use up and so I made a marinade with it and combined it with salmon.


It was delicious. Here is the recipe:

In a small casserole combine the following:
- grapefruit juice (I am going to try lemon next time)
- soy sauce
- stock concentrate or powder
- grated ginger
- dided garlic.

Place thawed salmon in marinade and leave in the fridge for a least an hour before cooking. Bake in 200 degree oven for 30mins.

Over the weekend we had a engagement part to attend. There was supper so I took some bread from the freezer and made some cheese savories.


The base is egg, grated cheese, diced onion and Worcestershire sauce, but I also added some fresh herbs and diced capsicum. (I sampled as I was cutting them up, mmmm)

Next week I will share with some new recipes I have been working with and enjoying (along with others).

... Dot  



No comments:

Post a Comment