Tuesday 4 October 2016

CADA


Hello. It is day 4 of a new month and I managed a walk in between the showers. There is water lying everywhere in huge puddles.

I have just finished my breakfast. Today it was CADA. Now that the weather is warming up and there can be more fresh fruit around, we are enjoying this more.  It's so easy to make and you can change it to suit how you like it.

C: coconut A: apple D: dates A: almonds

Planning ahead: I always have Medjool dates, apples and greek yoghurt in the fridge. These keep for weeks in there, just keep an eye on the date of the yoghurt.

On the shelf I keep almonds and shredded coconut. 

All I need to do is make sure I have some fresh fruit on hand.


In the processor (my TM) I place an apple (quartered and core removed), handful almonds and coconut and 3 large dates (stoned). This may not look much but it's enough for two. "Blitz" 2 or 3 times and serve in bowls.


This is what it should look like.


Add yoghurt and fresh fruit. I make hubby's first and I put mine in the fridge for later. When I make my bowl up I put the yoghurt on last and spread it across the fruit and cada. This keeps it fresh. 

Once you stir and taste it, if you find it is not sweet enough add some maple syrup. We add maple when we use sourer apples. It helps a lot with the taste.
For example: if you use granny smith add some maple and the CADA takes on a new taste. yum!!

So what are you having for breakfast tomorrow?

Enjoy your week ... Dot 






No comments:

Post a Comment