Tuesday 22 November 2016

Salsa


Hello Readers. Welcome to another week in the life of Dot. I have to apologise. I made the individual pizzas on the stove, thought to take a pic but they were devoured before I thought of it. They were very nice and hubby commented that he would like them cooked that way again. For the topping, I wanted to make a sauce that included vegetables so I made up a Salsa. It made up a few jars that are stored in the fridge, so I will be making those pizzas some more.



This is the Salsa minus red capsicum as I did not have any on hand. Here is the recipe.

Salsa
2 cups vegetable stock
2 large tomatoes
5 cloves garlic
1 onion, finely chopped
1 stick celery, finely chopped
1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
1 carrot, chopped or grated
2 bay leaves
1 Tb honey
2 ts oregano
1 ts basil
1 ts cumin
1 ts coriander
1 ts cinnamon
1 ts paprika
pinch cayenne pepper

Puree stock, tomatoes and garlic together in a processor until smooth. Combine with the remainder of ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes. Fill clean jars and store in the fridge.

ps. I used fresh herbs that I could find here at home and used dried for the remainder. 


In my vegie garden over the weekend I cleared out the silverbeet to make way for seedlings I raised. The silver beet was starting to go to seed so it was time to do something with it. After preparing it Hubby helped me vacuum seal 5 nice plumb bags to put away in the freezer. 


I love to get outside. Hope you are able to enjoy the outdoors too ... Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment