Tuesday 16 January 2018

In the Vegi Patch


Good morning! This was hubby's 'coffee shot' at breakfast today. Frowner?




As you may notice, I planted some mint under the tap as from past I have experienced it doing well. And that it is, it smells wonderful.




I planted 5 zucchini seedlings and 4 are doing well. One is looking quite sickly and so it will be replaced with some lettuces or radishes which I am waiting to sprout.




The kale will be able to be picked in a couple of weeks. 




And last, but not least, is a healthy patch of oregano.

I am waiting for peas to pop out of the ground and for tomato seedlings to take off. We have enjoyed a handful or 2 of lovely raspberries. Not sure if the raspberry plants are any good and will stay in place.




I was given this soft zucchini and I sliced it into rounds, fried them in oil and butter in the pan, topped the rounds with bacon and cheese and baked them in the oven. They went from oven to plate and served with a dollop of sour cream. Delicious.




Until next week, enjoy life...Dot :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment